For those already adept in providing emergency first aid in high-risk workplaces but seeking to update and refine their skills, our First Aid at Work (FAW) Refresher Course stands as an ideal solution.
This course is specifically crafted for individuals who currently possess a valid FAW certification and are looking to stay current with the latest advancements in first aid techniques and protocols.
This refresher course is especially pertinent for professionals operating in environments with elevated risk levels, such as construction, sports, manufacturing, warehousing, and hospitality sectors.
Participants of this course will delve into an array of essential skills and topics. The curriculum includes a thorough review of the roles and responsibilities of First Aiders, strategies for assessing emergency situations, and prioritising responses.
It also revisits the appropriate actions for various medical emergencies, including handling choking incidents, seizures, operating an AED (defibrillator), managing severe bleeding, shock, burns, fractures, spinal injuries, and more.
Key Features of the Course:
- Incorporates 6 hours of e-learning for theoretical grounding.
- Complemented by 6 hours of intensive, practical training for hands-on experience.
- Specifically tailored for individuals currently holding active FAW qualifications.
- Successful completion results in the issuance of a renewed FAW certificate.
- Particularly relevant for individuals working in higher-risk environments.
- Ensures compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, affirming adherence to legal and safety norms.
This intensive refresher course is an invaluable opportunity for FAW certificate holders to revisit and update their knowledge, ensuring they remain adept and reliable in practical situations, and keeping them aligned with the most current recommended practices for addressing workplace emergencies.